About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trek West Part II: AZ

So with sweet grandpa in the hospital, of course Mimi did not come back to Arizona with us. We drove home with Papa Mike, which was actually a pleasant drive. I think the kids knew deep down that if they acted like they did a week before, I would leave them on the Indian reservation.

So we arrived in Az on Sunday and went straight to Troy and Sheila's for dinner. Again, it was so nice to be taken care of by family. I was a little emotionally unstable at that moment.

The next day Colbi, my hero of the week, came over and did every day to help with kids, hang out with me, take me to buy make up and Sprinkles cupcakes, do my hair, cut my hair, color my hair, take the kids on a fun day at her mom's house. She was amazing. And I can't believe I didn't get one picture of her. But THANK YOU Colbi! I love you!! And so do my kids.

Livy got to paint my nails while my hair was getting done.


Sean came over Tuesday morning and took Johnny "hunting" in the back yard. He even wore his camo shirt and Johnny put on his camo outfit that Colbi had bought him.


My parents live next to a house full of kids and their two youngest, Ivy and Dalton saved my Johnny boy. They are best friends and had so much fun running from house to house all day.
Johnny started the summer in floaties, only swimming in the baby pools and now look at him!! I couldn't be prouder.


Livy learned how to climb right out of her pack and play while in Az (boo hoo) so naps were non-existent. This is one of the two that she had all week.
Janelle and kids came over to play and the girls had fun together. Jenna and Livy are kindred spirits, but are a year apart. Second children.
I am SOOOO nice and shared my sprinkles cupcakes with the kids. I know right? So nice. They thought they were just okay and I licked up every crumb left over.

Pretty pathetic, that's all the pics I took in Arizona. I wish I had pictures of the sweet two hours I had with Sarah and her kids at Chick-Fil-A. We've never lasted longer than an hour there and it was so nice to catch up with a best friend! And I wish I had pictures of Keira, Janelle and I eating our Dangerous Dilemma cake at Euro, laughing till we cried then running to Target to buy cute dresses from the clearance rack before they closed. Keira and her boys came over one morning for a fun swim, lots of energy in the house that day! Our kids are made out of the same stuff and I love being around them! And the last day, Janelle's sister volunteered to watch ALL of our kids so Janelle and I could go to Lu Lu Lemon to get Janelle a real sports bra which also ended in another trip to Sprinkles...and a cup of Yogurt Land yogurt:) It was a great trip. I love being in my parent's home, even if my mom isn't there. But mom, lets not do that again, K? And that concludes the three week trek west.

2 comments:

The Nixon Family said...

you are a machine, seriously. love the utah pix. i am for sure going next summer!!!

Katie said...

I love how happy Miss Livy looks while painting your nails. That little girl can sleep anywhere. She even slept through the first hour of nursery last Sunday!