About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

San Diego-the wedding

The wedding festivities began the previous Sunday at Shannon's shower in Escondido. Shannon is the oldest grandchild in the Baker (my mom's) family.

Jess was taking care of Ryan who had the stomach flu.
Then the night before the wedding, there was an out-of-towner bbq. mom, sharilyn, tom, dad, and me.

The wedding was Saturday the 31st of July at the Escondido Country Club
The sign in table

I made Shannon her sign in book

cool door



The first dance

We brought Livy and left Johnny with Sheree (thanks Ree!)
The Baker kids, Scott and Cheri

Another family pic
The kilted pastor
Mr. and Mrs. Brad Jenkinson

Mother and brother of the bride
Beautiful bride

Shannon giggled when she saw that the man marrying her was wearing a kilt. One year ago, this girl Maryanne was at Sharilyn's wedding. A few months later she was driving to NYC to pursue her dreams and was blind sided by a semi on an icy road in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania. She pulled herself out of the car, dragged her self to a snowy embankment where she sat there bleeding all over until two Amish people found her and packed ice on her wounds. Today she has a prosthetic right leg and has learned how to walk all over again. And that dirty trucker hit and ran so she is left with millions of dollars in medical bills. Don't you think she should be on Ellen or something. She's amazing.



Livy was happy to smile for the camera with chocolate cake in her tummy!


Uncle Scott decided to take the tux off, and sport the tank top, jeans, flip flops, jacket look.

Mom, where they heck are you looking?Bakers and Toolsons listening to Sharilyn's "Stewart" impressions.Jake loves Jess. Who doesn't?
I don't usually put nasty pictures of myself but this one makes me laugh. Shannon was getting down all by herself and I was trying to burn off two...or three pieces of cake by jumping around for two hours!
We had a picture like this taken when we were tiny. We took one at my wedding and Shannon framed it and now we have one at HER wedding!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I love the sign in book! Great work.

Jessica and Ryan Toolson said...

I miss you Mckell! This night was SO much fun!

Marci said...

Some random comments...Love your dress in the first pic, the book you made is SOOO cute, that girl is amazing and I love Livy with her chocolate face and super cute dress!