About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Surprise Trip to Provo

My mom and I had planned months ago to drive to Monroe after San Diego to spend a week with Grams and Gramps at their cute little house but...plans changed. So the Sunday after the wedding we packed up and hit the road. It was a hoooorrrible drive. I gave the kids Dramamine which worked wonders on Johnny and turned Livy into a rabid animal. There was literally blood, sweat and many tears shed on that drive but by midnight, we were in Monroe and drove to Provo the next morning.

The weather in Provo was splendid. And even though the circumstances of the trip were horrible we made the best of it. Karl and Barbara, Ryan and Jess, Andrea, Mom, Dad, all helped make the trip better for us all.
Another gorgeous afternoon in the Wrigley's backyard.

The Boxx boys were over one morning and Johnny was sooo happy to see little boys his age!
Livy was scared to death of the hospital and gramps, understandably. So she spent lots of time snuggling with Mimi and taking walks to the cafeteria. I was super frustrated at the time because all I wanted was quiet time with grandpa but I felt bad. Poor girl.

It was so wonderful to have Ryan and Jess just a few a minutes away. They helped out every day and gave the kids and I a break from each other. This day they took the kids to their neighborhood pool.



Karl and Barbara were so sweet to let us all stay at their house while we were in town. I have so many wonderful memories at the beautiful home. And now my kids have their very own!


Shannon and Brad drove in Tuesday and Wednesday I took them antiquing and to DI then to sushi at Happy Sumo.
Most of our days were spent in the hospital, room 382. Grandpa had good days and bad days but it was just nice to be there. Grams and Mimi treated us to lots of cookies and cheetos from the cafeteria!

We were all a little tense so Shannon pulled out her magic fingers and gave us some neck massages.
One morning I took the kids to Costco to develop some pictures and the kids found this piano in the corner. It entertained them for a good 20 minutes until they found the microphone and started fighting.

My sweet Johnny was so good day after day in the hospital. He would just find his corner and ask for a pen and start drawing. Mimi was so good at keeping his imagination going. He drew for hours and hours and hours. love him.

Papa Mike got to Provo Thursday night and Friday morning took us up the canyon to Bridal Veil falls. I lived just minutes away from this place for four years and never went, isn't that sad. I'm not much of a hiker but guess what? There's no hiking involved! It was a five minute walk through the beautiful trees to the bottom of the falls. The kids looooved it! The water was so nice and cool and those mountains just take my breath away.









My favorite picture of the summer!

I was telling Johnny how sometimes people leave piles of rocks for people they love when they go hiking so we built rock castles for grandpa Baker.
thanks for such a fun morning grandpa!!

The next day, Saturday (which was also my dad's birthday), Papa took the kids back to the falls and then to Hobble Creek with Uncle Karl. He is the BEST grandpa a kid could ask for!!

1 comment:

cheri said...

You crack me up! I was thinking the whole drive from Carlsbad that considering it was 11 hurs, your kids were AMAZING! you on the other hand were a complete mess needed some dramamine and possibly a volume and if that didn't work a spanking :)