About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Rest of San Diego

The reunion ended on Sunday and we were in out villa at Aviara by then (thanks dad!). The whole Toolson family crammed in one villa-mom and dad on one side, us on the other, Jess and Ry on one pull out and Sean and Colbi on the other, both in the living room! I loved it.

Sheree and kids came over Monday to play and the boys even went to kids camp that morning!

Tuesday morning we went to The Original Pancake House and had our giant breakfasts, as if we hadn't been eating enough by then!

Jess is such a pig! Just kidding. We shared the apple pancake...mmmmm and the Irish omelette.
Since it was nice and cloudy and pretty cold at the beach, I was able to break away and do something other than soak up the sun and the sand. We went to Lego Land after the Pancake house with Sheree, Andrew and Eva.
Bionicle!!

Our first ride of the day was this baby boat ride. Johnny wasn't sure if he wanted to go on it...and I knew then that we might have a problem.


Our next ride was this one that goes about fifty feet in the air and then bounces up and down till you get to the ground. Johnny screamed like he was being dropped from an airplane the whole two minutes. I almost peed my pants laughing and Andrew and Eva just smiled.
The next ride was one of those potato sack slides. Johnny opted out, Livy got to the top and freaked out so we had to take the loser slide down. Silly girl got a leg stuck around a corner and got knocked around and ended up head first at the bottom.
Finally something slow enough to suit my knight!
The next ride was a real roller coaster and Johnny was crying the whole time in the line. He gave us his usual excuses "I'm hungry, I'm tired, I have to pee, I have to poop!" but we held tight. I got some bad looks from worried parents who thought I was torturing my child.

Here we go Johnny!!


He ended up liking it and survived the Dragon


One of the little shows about fire fighters. "You put the wet stuff on the hot stuff" is still in my head.

Pirate land
Mini land





Dinosaur land was Johnny's favorite. They got to dig for fossils!


Family pics


Duplo land


We got tickets that included the Sea Life Aquarium and I'm glad because I probably would not pay 12 bucks to go again. But the kids enjoyed it!


Fun day! Thanks for forking out the dough daddy!
Wednesday we had an impromptu family picture


Picture of our dear villas
We found our new favorite Italian dive in Encinitas that had the best gelato I've ever had!

The Beach

Toolson boys' last day together on the beach before they all leave for missions one by one for the next eight years!

The oldest Toolson girls
Best buds. These boys were SO good on this trip. Not one fight. All fun.


Aunt Susan and the kids came to the beach one afternoon, just after this the sun came out to say hello.
The boys
The castle of the day


Look! No socks!
Ree, this is the pic you need to steal, I love it!


Don't they look like little Italians already?
Livy LOVES building drippy castles. But she named them poop castles instead. Smart girl.
Dad and Jess and Ry spent a few hours this day building a sweet castle!



Mims got out the paints and the kids had a ball asking for animals and flowers on their bods.
the masterpiece.
One of my favorite nights in SD is pizza night and Gregg and Janette's house.
DREAM backyard.

The girl loves her peeties (pizza)
Making their pizzas
Gramps brought his metal detector and quarters for the kids.
Oh, there's more. Lots more. But this post took me three hours so I'm taking a break and I'll check ya tomorrow.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow! Looks like tons of fun! I loved the drippy sand castle!!

Denise Allen said...

Now that is a fun trip!!

cheri said...

poop castles? bwahahahaha

The Nixon Family said...

I had to hit "older posts" three times to see everything! you are a photog extraordinaire (sp?) I want to go back to SD with everyone- it was so much fun! I totally look neked in that one pic, but it is a good one! Loved the wedding pix. your dress and your momma's were great!