This was Livy's first experience with sand and the beach and she loved it! She loved the sand on her feet and the wind in her face, my kinda gal!
Johnny boy was go go go all day. He did not stop until about 4:00 when he'd find a towel, curl up and crash for a couple hours. Awesome!
Crashed
Mimi and her baby girl at the beach. They had lots of bonding time so mommy and daddy could play, thanks mom!
Johnny learned how to make drippy castles and preferred sitting in the bucket.
So sweet
This is yet another reason to LOVE San Diego. We stay at Grandma and Grandpa Toolson's house where breakfast seriously looks like this every morning. John thinks grandma's sausage bake is the to die for...and so does everyone else who eats it!
More bonding...
Johnny and uncle Sean were finally reunited after Sean's two years in Peru! He looks so great, he's grown almost two inches and he is still SO fun to be around!
We got some yummy mexican food at El Torito with grams and gramps, mom, dad, Sean his girlfriend Shelby and his bff Preston.
It has now become tradition for Sean to catch a seagull or two or three while he's at the beach. It's hilarious! He lays under a towel covered in Doritos and waits for the birds to land on his belly then he snaps up and catches them before they fly away.
Our Sweet Grandma Toolson
This is our set up every day on the beach, I miss it already!
Even though it had only been a couple of weeks the boys were SO happy to see each other!
Another one of our favorite things about San Diego are the family pic nics at the park and the wiffle ball games afterwards. I like to watch and John likes to play!
Sweet girl would sleep anywhere! love her
Cutest picture ever!
Our little schnookems turned 5 months on this day. She is getting to be so big, almost 18 pounds, and LOVES food. She can roll all over the house and is starting to giggle all the time!
Isn't he a cute papa? I think so.
Halle girl and the boys were always having fun together. She's the best babysitter ever!
My cute Seanny boy. I was so happy to see him again!
Sunday dinner at the Halverson's house
All the lovely ladies at the pic nic
Johnny and the pops
A little jacuzzi-ing at the Toolson's pizza party
The Toolson's have a pizza oven in their GORGEOUS backyard. It was such a blast. And then we had roasted Starbursts, yes that's what I said. And they were good!
A nice view from the Toolson's porch, there's a tortoise "habitat" where little Cleo lives over by the kids. So cool.
So cute
Ahhhhhh....
We went to "Mormon Night" at the Padres game
Pinkberry was delicious! I consider myself a frozen yogurt connoisseur so this is my critique: It was not as smooth and creamy as my favorite Golden Spoon but the flavor of the original (there are only three flavors-original, green tea and coffee) was AMAZING and then you add fresh fruit. YUM. Go try it.
The Gas Light or is it Lamp (?) district in downtown SD right outside the stadium
This picture actually makes me laugh because we were sitting on the grass so the kids could play and John nudged me and said, "here, take a picture of me looking this way." I looked at him for a sec to see if he was serious and he was so I busted up, told Sheree who was right next to me and we both started laughing till tears were running down our cheeks. Love you honey buns!
A quick family photo before we left
They were so good at the game! I love these boys!
Me and my pops
Dollar hot dogs!!
One night we had a family party at the Four Seasons-Bruno's olive oil pizza, another awesome wiffle ball game and of course the weather and scenery is just heaven!
Johnny came to love this hammock! He'd want a ride in it every morning after breakfast and he'd take a nap in it if he hadn't taken one on the beach that day.
There was a little race before the wiffle ball game began...I'm pretty sure Sheree won
More wiffle ball
Sarah, Sheree and Mckell...all we're missing is Paige and little Calla and we'd have the roommates of the Avenue's apt 231!
and these are our #1's, Lucy, Andrew and Johnny.
Studly men...John N., Nate, John A., K.C., Trey and Tucker
Dad turned F-I-F-T-Y
We went to K1 after a pic nic one night and had a blast! John has a fascination for race cars, he was loving it!
Johnny and cousin Jared
Mimi was the master hole digger
Robertos bean and cheese!!
Everybody loves a man in a Bjorn!
Everyone loves Grandpa Toolson!
My cousin Shannon (mom's brother's oldest daughter) LOVE her! And I just have to mention that the cute suit she's wearing was my grandma Baker's, how cool is that?
19 comments:
what a fun trip! Its neat that all you guys still go and do that together. What i would give to be on the beach right now! Those are great picutres girl. Your babies are getting so big. Love ya!
Oh, I miss it already. Loved being with everyone....
I'm with Ashlee. I miss it already too. I love that we get to see each other at our favorite place every year. THe countdown begins...
No way is SEAN home?!? What happens with time Mckell? How is he? This trip looks amazing, and you look as always tan and beautiful.
Welcome Back! I'm anxious to hear about your trip. It looks like you had a great time.
SOOOO Fun!!! I especially love the ones of Andrew and Johnny :-). We can't wait to see you guys!
AHHHH. BOOOO HOOOO. Miss the fun, miss you guys. We went to gmas yesterday and Andrew was bummin' that Johnny wasn't there. The beach is not the same without you! Love you.
Wow, that looks like such a fun trip! Glad to have you back even if you are probably not so sure yet.
1. your trip looks so fun.
2. johnny and andrew are so cute with how much they love each other.
3. you look hot in your black bathing suit.
4. i can't get over how DIFFERENT sean looks. i didn't even recognize him.
5. i am so glad your dumb trip is over so you will answer your phone now. :)
this is from katie by the way...sorry rachel's name is logged in on my computer and i am too lazy to switch it.
dude...I am so jealous!!! We sadly did not go this year. But, looking through your pictures gave me a good taste of how wonderful the beach is! Your kids are so cute!
first, you have the cutest family. second, your hair is SO long. i'm incredibly jealous.
Can I be adopted by the Toolson family for next years' reunion? We are headed to SD in a few weeks, can't wait. We need to plan a #231 reunion, I feel left out! Livy is a doll...I love her eyes.
OHH... I loved all the pictures and I am sad I wasn't there when the PARTY was! We too went to Pinkberry when I was there and I was a little disappointed. Grandma's Toolson's sausage bake is Tanner's ultimate favorite too, maybe I should try to make it for him sometime! And I am sorry but about John's picture at the ballgame... I was laughing for a few minutes! Your family is so beautiful and your baby seems like a dream!
What a fun trip. I think the last time I saw your whole family was years ago in Bear Lake - everyone's grown up! Thanks for giving me some ideas for fun things to do here in SoCal!
I love the beach too and wow I didn't know you could post that many pictures - you definitely highlighted the great trip!
McKell! Your mom stalked my blog (I guess she found it through Becca's -- I didn't even know you were on there!). Anyways, good to see you're doing well. Tell your mom I appreciated her comment.
McKell--what cute pics! Livy is adorable! I busted up about John's "take a picture of me looking this way!" They like to make us think they don't care but every now and again they slip!
Ok--loved all those fun pics! I am a slacker--I'm just now getting these pictures uploaded. Fun times. I died laughing at the ball game picture of the back of John's head--Hilarious!!! I'm still laughing...Ahhh... I miss you guys! When are you just going to buck up and move out here already? You know you want to! Fun post- Livy is just beautiful! -Lori
Post a Comment