About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Delicioso!

What a night! John made secret dinner reservations and wouldn't tell me where we were going until we drove up. I had to dress up so that was a big change from going to my fav. little Mexican dive! We went to Cafe Annie (down town on Post Oak Blvd.) and it was magnificent!

Appetizers: Chicken fried shrimp with lobster cole slaw and crab chowder
Entrees: I had wood grilled jumbo shrimp with a potato and cheese enchilada wrapped in bacon with spinach...probably the best meal I've ever had! And John had Chilean sea bass with some sort of vegetable hash on the bottom.
Dessert: I had a sweet plantain tamale with roasted pecans, coconut ice dream and grilled pineapple (the picture) and John had a warm chocolate cobbler with pecans and ice cream


7 comments:

Marci said...

Your dish just made me SO hungry! The enchilada sounds like heaven and your dessert plate was SO cute! Way to go John on surprising you too...it's nice to know that at least sometimes our husbands can still be romantic :-)!

Emily said...

I'm glad you wrote what you ate--I always have to ask people what they ordered when they go out to eat, especially if it is to a fancy restaurant! Cafe Annie is one of those places I've wanted to go to for a long time. Its #1 on Zagats for Houston, I think so John did really well!

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Yummy! Congratulations, you guys look so good :)

The Nixon Family said...

i guess we missed the boat on that one. never made it to annies. maybe someday. glad it was a great night.

Annie and Jason said...

Congrats to you guys. Love the name :)

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

i love your dress... you are a hot mama. have you seriously been married that long? wow we are old.

Isaura said...

CONGRATS!! you guys look great and cafe annie is the bomb!