About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

What's it like, you ask?

Here, I'll show you!

As many of you know...or may not know, hurricane Ike is headed straight for us which means MASS CHAOS in our town! Now that I'm somewhat prepared, its actually very amusing to watch.

The gas stations have lines wrapping around the entire building, stores run out of water, batteries, canned goods, beer, and milk in two hours and then...we wait. Which way will it go? Will we be on the "clean" or "dirty" side?

I'll keep everyone posted.


Not a single parking spot to be found at 9:30 in the morning


No more water


No more milk


LOOOONG lines at the pump. I didn't want to get too close so I took this with my zoom from far away

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

Good luck, girl. I hope it's not too bad. Way to be prepared!

Marci said...

I LOVE that you took those pictures in the store! You are becoming quite the little blog reporter :-)!

cheri said...

Thanks for taking the pics, I'm still mad you didn't get the picture of the girl wearing the tiara at walmart :)
be safe, and know you guys can move in with me in AZ anytime!

Kisha Atkin said...

Been thinking of you today! hope things are ok there. It sure makes me realize that food storage and preparedness are truly inspired. Miss ya love ya.

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

glad you are laughing! good thing you are prepared!

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! I have got to be more prepared. I'm so proud of you for being prepared! I can not believe the grocery store. It's like out of a movie.
I hope all goes well for you guys. We'll keep you in our prayers.