About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!

Five years ago today I married the hunkiest 6'7 basketball playing, OCD-ishly clean, fun-loving, most well mannered RM on BYU's campus. Lucky me! Today I am overwhelmed with gratitude and love for the man who has given me the best five years of my life. He is the better half of this marriage and I am more in love with him today than I have ever been...because, lets face it, I didn't know him THAT well when we got married, I had only known him 10 months!

It all started with a blind date my cousin Austin set us up on. I had sworn I was NEVER going to go on another blind date ever again but Austin said the words "6'7 and smart" so I had to give it a shot! We went to Chili's for dinner, then to the Nickel Arcade where, yes, everything is a nickel, and then to the top of some mountain to watch a movie. I think I fell in love with him on top of that mountain. We just laid there on our stomachs talking to each other about our families, his mission, our highschool lives, funny BYU-isms, etc. One month later he finally kissed me, six months later we were engaged and four months after that, we were married in the Mesa, Arizona temple for time and eternity. And five years later we have two little bambinos and still love each other!

I've always told John that falling in love was the funnest thing I have ever done! I love you honey! Here's to at least ten more happy years together! Just kidding, how 'bout eternity!





11 comments:

The Nixon Family said...

wow, aren't you a sweet wife. all my hubby got for number five was a pen. loved seeing all those pix

Laura Horne said...

Aw, I remember the dating a little better from John's side, and I think he was just as thrilled with you as you were/are with him.

Congratulations on 5 years!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Awwww....how sweet!

Happy Anniversary. I remember when John emailed Matt that he was getting married before us and got engaged after us!!!! (We went to high school with John, if you are trying to figure out who the heck we are)! hall-family-news.blogspot.com

To many, many more years of happiness!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary Guys, what a cute story.

Lucinda said...

I can't believe it has already been that long! I remember it so well! I love you tons and tons!

Marci said...

Haha, you make me laugh :-)! Congrats on 5 years!!! I hope Livvy is doing better! I'm really into the exclamation points today!!! :-)

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!

cheri said...

Happy Anniversary! has it really been 5 years? WOW. Can I just tell you that I love your husband too? As a mom, one of the greatest gifts, and prayer answered is a good man with a sense of humor who can make your daughter happy and be a good dad to my grand-babies . Some of my fondest memories of you two dating were the late night phone calls where I could hear you laughing and laughing. When you are in AZ, I hear you two cracking up all the time. (ok, it's usually about my ugly toes, but it's still laughing! j/k) Congratulations, I love you both, best wishes for many more years! xoxo MOM T

Denise Allen said...

Happy #5 Anniversary! to my very favorite married kids. McKell I just sat here and cried while reading your anniversary tribute. Thank you so much for marrying my son. You married a great guy and made him better. Just think how wonderful he will be in 30 years :) I remember our family mountain vacation right before you were married...it was a challenge for John to talk to you because the calls would get dropped. He would gather up everyone's cell phones, check the bars, and put them in front of him so if one call got dropped he could immediatly go to another phone and call you back. We laughed and teased him about it the whole trip, but there was no way he would miss the chance to talk to you :) Love you both and thank you for two beautiful grandchildren. Momma Dee

Marci said...

The comments from the moms are SO cute...I love the story about him being sure to be able to talk to you in the mountains :-)!!!

Halvos said...

yes--you guys are the cutest! I remember sitting in 'Rocks' with you at BYU as you talked about this 6'7 chizzle-chested basketball player you went hot-tubbing with as you drew up your wedding gown, ring, etc... lol! Look at you guys now! Cute as ever! I teared up reading the Mom comments! Love you! Congrats on 5 awesome years!