About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Swimming Lessons

For the past two weeks Johnny boy has been taking swimming lessons at the Houston Swim Club, a big in-door pool that does nothing but swimming lessons year round. It's a great place! The people are so friendly, the instructors are kind and very patient and it's pretty decently priced. Anyway, Johnny has done very well and I'm so proud of the little guy. He is terrified of the water and getting his face wet and in just the two weeks he has gone, he'll get his face wet, go under and float on his back. Here are some pics for daddy and papa!


He's always a little hesitant to get in


The first day he did this I about peed my pants I was laughing so hard. He's supposed to kick to the other side but he just sat there and tried to balance and thought he was going to tip over and die and he couldn't do anything about it. Mean momma! He's getting better at it now. At least he doesn't scream his head off anymore!



And this is Johnny bawling once again because he had to swim to Ms. Kayla (the teacher) without her holding his fingers. But he did it!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love your posts.

Marci said...

I'm definitely going to use them for Ella's lessons next year! I'm sure she'll be just the same, but how great that he has improved so much already!

Kisha Atkin said...

Oh how i miss playing and swimming in the pool with kiddos. I cant remember the last time i did that. How fun. Before you know it you wont be able to get him outta the pool! miss ya love ya.