About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Key Lime Tarts



I've had a few requests for this recipe and I LOVE these tiny pieces of heaven so here you go-the recipe for my favorite little treat!

Crust Ingredients:
1 1/2 C. pretzels
1 stick butter
2 Tbl. granulated sugar

Crush pretzels, melt butter and add sugar. It should stick together when you pinch it. I like to do this in a food processor.

Key Lime Filling:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 packages softened cream cheese
1/4 C. lime juice
2 Tbl. lime zest

Mix all ingredients together until smooth.

In mini cup cake tins, put in paper liner then a tsp. of pretzel crust and pack it down. Now you can pipe in the filling using a pastry bag or a plastic bag with the corner snipped off like me!

Top with cool whip (don't use fresh whipped cream or the kind in a can, it gets runny and ugly) and a fresh raspberry. You can freeze these ahead of time for a party or shower or let them cool in the fridge at least a few hours. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Nora said...

you read my mind! I kept meaning to ask you that same question. Thanks for the recipe. Thank you for being so funny, your the best!