Saturday night was their ward Christmas party and who doesn't like free ham, funeral potatoes, green beans, rolls and bagged salad!? So we went and the kids had fun and we were full when we left. Perfect! The kids sang a Christmas song up on stage and I was laughing so hard. It was such a perfect example of their little personalities. Eva had no idea what the words were but she was singing really loud and looking at her mommy like "don't I look so good up here!" and Andrew was right in front, knew all the words and was looking at his mommy like "aren't you proud I know all the words!" and then Johnny boy sat there looking down with this face like "BORING!" and didn't care that he didn't know the words because he has nothing to prove to me. Darn. They are all so different!
Sweet Elsie needs her own little section. She is such an angel and I get sad that I'm not just around the corner to see her grow up every day. Love you Els!
John and the kids made a gingerbread house while Sheree made a wonderful dinner and I sat there and took pictures! And Elsie girl is totally almost crawling, we have documentation!
Sunday night was Curious George and popcorn!
We picked up McDonalds and took all the little kids to have lunch with Andrew at school. Johnny thought it was pretty cool and can't wait for me to come have lunch with him at HIS school next year!
After lunch we went to the Rocket Park near Sheree's house, it's pretty amazing and the kids had a blast!
The kids decided to take a walk across the cool new bridge and of course, my child decided to throw Andrew's McDonald's toy over the edge. Of course. So little Andrew says he could totally get it and not get wet...I said ya right and Sheree said "OK!". She's cooler than me. So he took off his socks, waded in and was almost safe until I said, "turn around for a picture!" and ker plunk-soaked. So Johnny and Eva had to join in! We were in our white trash glory all soaked and muddy and shoeless in the middle of winter. Though it was a beautiful random 70 degree day in Dallas. The kids had a blast.
4 comments:
I must say Mckell, I am quite impressed with all the pictures you took on your weekend!!! I felt like I was there! I'm glad you guys all had so much fun. It made ME feel sad for you guys not living closer together, although 4 hours is much better than it could be. I hope you are having a good flight right now :-)!
oh, my favorite picture was Johnny on top of the slide in front of the sign that says not to climb on the outside of the slide. :-)
So fun that you got to go see Sheree! Looks like you guys had a great time.
WAHOO! What a great post to come home to! I am going to steal all these pix and put them on my blog. We had such a blast! Can't wait to catch up! Love you and Happy New Year. Oh, and we STILL did not get that shot of the two of us. Maybe before we die!
Post a Comment