About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break-Destin and Day 1 at Disney World




I had a last minute idea a few weeks ago that we HAD to go to Disney World before this baby came. It seemed so logical- two kids is easier than two, right?! So I called a Disney travel agent, booked the trip and started talking to all of my Disney friends. It seemed a little overwhelming, and it is at first, but this was the best trip! We had so much fun together, just our little family.

We drove. I know. I said I would never do it. But it saved thousands of dollars (like 2) and we got to stop at the Allen's beach condo in Destin to break it up which was so amazing. So here are the pictures from Destin and day one at the Magic Kingdom.



 Pretty walk to the private beach.
 The board walk
 LOVE this white, sugary sand. Even though it was 69 degrees and cloudy, the kids had a great morning running around the beach and even got in the water a little.




 Wedgie




 I was in heaven watching my favorite people on earth have so much fun.

 This is me at the beach:)

 Can you spy what John almost lost over the side of the board walk? Luckily I saw the direction it flew off and found it right away.
 We took the kids to Fudpuckers, yep the real name, to see the alligators.


 Daddy and Johnny went gator "fishing" and fed the gators with these poles.




 So we drove all day Saturday to Destin, spent the night, played all day Sunday, and drove the remaining six hours to Orlando on Monday. We checked in and got to the Magic Kingdom around 3:00 in the afternoon.

 Kids were so excited and had no idea what to expect.
 No joke, this was Johnny the second we got in. But I don't blame him. It was a little toasty and we walked right into the parade where the entire park was crowded in to see.

 I was a little skeptical at this point. I'm not a huge fan of large masses of people.
 Liv saw that castle and was in love instantly.
 First meal at Disney in Fantasy land. We chose to work on one "land" at a time.
 Fist ride-Mickey's Philharmagic. We went straight to get fast passes for the Dumbo ride and got surprise fast passes for this ride at the same time! Since our FP time wasn't until 8:10, we hit up a few rides and lunch in the mean time.
 Tea Cups!! We all laughed our heads off on this ride, it was so fun!
 LINES
 Kids ready for the Snow White ride!

 Sword in the Stone
 Johnny and Daddy went and did the Speedway ride while Liv and I did It's a Small World
 Carousel
 Whinnie the Pooh

 Dumbo

 Johnny had had enough with the lines at this point. We all had. We waited about 55 minutes to ride Dumbo...and it was kinda lame.
 Luckily, the kids were not tired at all and after 10:00 PM and the park is a ghost town. So we rode as many rides from 10 pm-1 am than we did from 3-10!
 Haunted Mansion
 Electrical Parade. We had front row seats and it was SO wonderful. Best parade I've ever seen!


 She took a little cat nap from about 11:30-12:00
 We walked right on to Pirates!
 Rode Aladdin twice because there was no line!
 Even got to meet Tinkerbell and her fairy friends!
 Tink told Liv she should wear her hair in a bun.



 Family photo at 1:00 AM!!!
Fabulous first day! It got off to a bit of a rocky start but once we figured out fast passes and when to ride rides and avoid crowds, we had a fabulous time.

3 comments:

Jessica and Ryan Toolson said...

YAY! Love this post. Keep them comin!

Kendra and Nathan said...

Funny, I have been catching up on you at the same time as you have been catching up on me! :) I canNOT believe you did all this while pregnant at all, much less towards the end of you pregnancy...You are my hero. You are glowy and this looks like a blast!!

Marci said...

I agree about Dumbo...my kids always have to go on it and I don't get it :-). And the electrical parade is my favorite parade EVER!