About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A White Christmas in Brian Head-Part II of our Vacay




After Las Vegas with the Gammons we went to Brian Head for an Allen Family Christmas. Brian Head is special to pops and Grams because it is where they spent their honeymoon 34 years ago. Ahhhh, how cute. It's a tiny little ski town at the top of a mountain with a couple lodges, beautiful cabins and several ski runs. We love it there. This year the Allens rented a cabin that could hold the whole crew and it was wonderful. 

These pictures are all out of order but I have spent waaaay too many hours to go back and re-arrange them! So I will narrate as we go.
 My little ski bunnies loved the snow and loved skiing. It was such a wonderful experience to really enjoy everything without having to worry about naps, feedings, paci's diapers, etc.
 Becca is always super aunt and has so much fun with my babies.

 I was a little worried about keeping the kids entertained at the cabin but they were perfectly content coloring and we weren't there too much. Most of the days were spent on the slopes from 10-4.

 This is from day 1. Livy was all ready to see what this snow stuff was all about.
 Our good friends the Smith's met us there and skied the first day. Dan totally had pneumonia and still took John out to teach him to ski for real. This was the one day I tried being a good pregnant woman and not skiing. Like I said, it lasted one day.
 Johnny boy did ski school the first two days and it was worth every penny!
 He was such a trooper and never gave up. Try, try again!
 Dan even started John out with a little ski school getting used to his giant skis and staying upright this time. Last time (two years ago), he spent the majority of the trip on his butt.
 I'm sure there is someone I know in this picture, I just don't know who. This was the second day and it was 5 degrees outside and blizzarding. Of course this was the day I put Livy in ski school too, so her first day on the slopes was not as great as everyone else's. I could not believe they were taking 4 year olds up and down the run in this kind of weather.
 Johnny was obsessed with his ski goggles. Here he is doing some chores in them.
 Thank goodness for this sweet snow suit we borrowed from the Smiths. Johnny loved it and I could spot him from a mile away.

 Ready to ski!
 The men. I'm bummed this picture isn't in focus.
 Liv and Andrea got to share a room. But don't worry, next time we go Andrea will share a room with her Sam. They are finally engaged!!
 The upstairs had an air hockey table and the boys had some fun games.
 Cute brothers in their matching UT beanies.
 My little ski bunny was ready to hit the slopes on day 3 with mommy.
 Johnny HATED carrying his skis all by himself. Sorry bud.
 He had to do this at least once!
  Papa John read us Luke 2 and bore a sweet testimony before we went to Christmas Eve dinner.

 It's a funny....and sad site that we don't talk to each other anymore, just get on our phones.
 Some beautiful scenery just outside the cabin window
 Santa came Christmas morning!
 The cabin even had a pretty tree!
 Merry Christmas Y'all!!
 Gramz rocking her ugly sweater on Christmas
 They were so happy Santa knew where to find them!
 Some Christmas loves
 This is how Christmas morning with the Allens goes. We all come down and sit down. Denise orchestrates the gift opening and hands gifts out one by then says, "now open them all together". Most gifts come in groups for the boys then the girls. It's synchronized gift opening really.
 One for you, one for you, one for you.
 She gave the kids little pictures of her as a senior in high school to show that she had chipped teeth just like Johnny.

 The kids got spoiled, as usual, and we came home with very full suitcases!






 We got the kids a new trampoline and they opened a box with a letter inside
 "You're getting a new TRAMPOLINE for Christmas!"
 No Christmas morning is complete without sausage bake and fruit. And notice the cute food face plates from Grams. The kids love them.
 One of John's all time favorite meals. But I never make it quite as good as Grandma Toolson.
 Meet the new Green Smoothie Lady. She has hopped on a new band wagon and this time it is GREEN SMOOTHIES! She got us all super blenders and the book and we all love it! I have since got my AZ family and grandma Baker drinking them every morning too. Grateful for her healthy example.

 Family Pictures on Christmas. John 31, Mckell 29, Johnny 6, Livy 3, Baby Drew 24 weeks.
 The drive to our cabin
 The Bird cabin.
 Cool animal tracks in the front yard
 So beautiful
 We took a 10 minute drive farther up the mountain to Cedar Breaks National Monument. Wow.

 The newest BYU cougar in the Allen family. He got accepted to the Y!! Watch out ladies.
 Johnny loved this "snow ball" Sam carried over and chucked off the ledge.
 Super Sam. This is Andrea's fiance.
 Our first snowman! He's approximately 6 inches tall.
 The boys had a massive snow ball fight.
 Ooooh, pops, you're going down!





 Last day down the slopes. John now LOVES to ski and can't wait to go back.
 The macho Allen men
 My adorable little snow babies. I couldn't get over how stinking cute they were in their puffy snow clothes. On this day, the weather was so gorgeous. We could have sat outside all day.
 My little poser. She's pretty darn good at it.
 "mom, now look how cute I am"
 I love his silly personality.

 Our first snow angels.


 Livy and I skied together on days 2, 3, and 4. She absolutely LOVED it! At first all she wanted to do was go up the ski lift and freaked out at the top, but I dragged her down and she loved it. I would do the "pizza" to slow us down and she would yell "go faster, do the french fry!!"
 Family picture up at Cedar Breaks
 Here's my adorable little ski master. He would ski exactly like this, with hands in his pockets, all the way down the hill all by himself.
 Partners in crime. Skiing at 5 months pregnant was not hard at all. I did pee my pants once when I fell, without Livy, but other than that it was great. Oh, and my back was out for two days after and I pulled my hip flexer and couldn't walk for two days, but other than THAT, it was SOOOO fun and I would totally do it again!
 The entire Allen family. Andrea, Greg, Grams, Pops, Livy, John, Mckell, Johnny, Becca, and Michael. Sam will be featured in our next family picture on June 8th.
 You need to click on this picture to see the huge boogers frozen to their faces.
 Here we come!
 The Allen family skiers.
 Allen family funny faces. I love that John and Greg are making the exact same face, and it was not planned. And papa is just smiling.
 Mom and Liv up the ski lift
 Allen siblings. Andrea 33, John 31, Becca 30, Greg 18
 And that was our trip. Pretty fabulous. Lots of wonderful memories made. See ya later.

4 comments:

cheri said...

Glad you got your computer to cooperate and let you post again! I love the Allen family photo (Big John's) and your family photo. so cute!

Halvos said...

I love reading your commentary. I literally laugh out loud every time! I'm so jealous - this looks like SUCH a fun trip! I've never skiied multiple days in a row - only one day at a time & that just looks SO fun! Props to you for going pregnant! I did a cable ride in Puerto Vallarta when I was 5 months preggers with Emily...but I don't know if I would have the balance to SKI! You're awesome! :)

Becca and Michael said...

Excuse me... I was still 29 years old on this vacay!! Lol!! Love the pics.

Becca and Michael said...

Excuse me... I was still 29 years old on this vacay!! Lol!! Love the pics.