About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Cinque Terre-Day 1

I am blogging this trip backwards so this is the beginning of our trip to Cinque Terre. We arrived in the early afternoon, made the hike up the mountain with my HUGE roller suitcase and John's very practical hiking back pack (that's why you should bring back packs to Europe!), looked through our cool/creepy villa, walked all over the town, through the marina, had some gelato and ate dinner at our favorite restaurant (where we ate at the next three nights) then went home to watch Italian TV.
This is pretty much the entire town. Isn't it wonderful?




My three favorite gelato flavors:chocolate, coffee, and pistachio.
John's favorite: strawberry.
The view coming out of our back door to the path back down to the town.


Yes, I took a picture of every single thing we ate. Penne with shrimp. They were whole and we didn't quite know how to get the meat out.
Pesto lasagna. Pesto was first created in this area. It was DE-lish.
The best tiramisu I have ever had.
Our sweet waiter brought us the famous Cinque Terre dessert wine after our dinner and after I even said, "oh thank you but we do not drink" he said, "oh, you can try it and decide later". So we got a good picture and he did not offer it to us the next two nights:)I loved all of these sweet little markets and the idea of buying exactly what you need each day and making such beautiful, fresh meals.

1 comment:

The Nixon Family said...

love it. emily and laura are in cinque terre right now. so glad i have a picture of where they are now!