About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

3rd Annual Gammon Girl Baking Bonanza

For my birthday, Denise (and John) surprised me with a weekend trip to Vegas for the Gammon baking day. It was SO much fun. I am the luckiest girl in the world to not only have married such a stud but a stud with the BEST extended family! We baked, laughed, stirred, mixed, told stories, laughed some more and I took some of the best naps of my life:) I got to stay with Becca and Michael in their adorable house and had so much fun running around with Beccs. If she wasn't my sister, she would definitely be a best friend.The Allen Girls
The Gammon Girls. Karen, Denise, Greta (Goose) and Gramma Betty
The Chaos. These women were in the kitchen from 9 AM to 7 PM. The menu for the day: reindeer crunch, no bake cookie bars, fudge, rice krispy treats, peanut butter balls, bird's nests, pecan cookies and everybody's favorite-Bob's caramel corn!! Everyone had a responsibility. I was just there for moral support. I think I did actually pour four teaspoons of vanilla into Andrea's no bake cookie mix!
A few of the ingredients...butter was the main ingredient of the day.
Jake was such a big helper and so sweet all day
More loves for Karli
Debbie pouring some whisky. Diet Coke was a must with these ladies working all day!
Pretty sure Bob popped pop corn for the first three hours straight!
We used all of these tin containers. FILLED with sugar.

The ball makers

The Loot!!
Caramel corn, pecan cookies, fudge, peanut butter balls
Denise was a champ and decided to offer her services to roll the birds nests in pecans. And she hated every second of it. I wish I would have recorded her face and comments. I was peeing my pants!

Grandma's special contributions-bird nests cookies and pecan cookies. Two of my favorites!
After a loooong day in the kitchen, we all took turns in Bob's magical foot massager and watched two movies.

Things I should have taken pictures of but was too busy to even pull my camera out:
*Going to "church" at Silver Ridge (old person home) where Gramma B and Grampa D bring the sacrament every week.
*Sunday dinner at Beccas house
*Las Vegas youth symphony starring cute Maddie

3 comments:

Marci said...

How fun! What do they do with all those treats?!

cheri said...

Who gets all the goodies?

Jessica and Ryan Toolson said...

Umm...can I come to this next time?