a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhpyGuN-VL0mk5tEkhG1I7fLnKR4SyWxzSHwDQdFRdLQxAHRxMYhTLYRZPsvCF_xJEywvK9wOspL1Doeoh8rSlRrg9YQeOQqIELn7UlvDGmXBH_5j_ewg0EmL28z38roDnlew3orBryKP4/s1600/IMG_6832.JPG">
One of the many many reasons I love Hyatt Hill Country is that it is so family friendly! They had a full kids buffet filled with kid friendly food, cookies, milk, balloon animals, and coloring stations. I think the kids loved it as much as we did!
The food was A-mazing. Surprisingly, I didn't take any pictures of it though, except for the crab claws Johnny and I devoured. They were so good. But some of my favorites of the day were: the five onion soup with grouyere croutons, the braised beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, shrimp cocktail, homemade marinara sauce over angel hair with fresh parmesean, sweet potatoes and crispy green beans. But the winner of the day for me was the bread pudding. I'm not usually even a dessert person but these were tiny little individual squares of heaven with hot caramel sauce over them. Enough about the food. I will dream about it till next year.
After we completely stuffed ourselves with deliciousness we took a little walk around the grounds. I'm stupid and didn't ask someone to take a family picture for us. Dang it.
Next stop? Sea World!! It's just across the street from where we had our feast and it's open on T-day! The weather was amazing, it was much less crowded than usual and we did whatever the kids wanted, no plan, no schedule, one show and done by 5:30. It was a perfect day!
We spent the weekend putting up decorations, the tree, the lights and went to dinner Saturday for my birthday at Taste of Texas mmmmmmm, I'm still dreaming about my steak.
Sunday was the actual birthday. John made breakfast, kids gave me a card and present, the kids were actually cooperative that morning and I managed to get a picture of their cute Sunday outfits before we got in the car.
Sunday dinner was at the Allens. It's always nice to end the day with family you love. Johnny and Livy are really into their new piano-it plays animal sounds and Old Macdonald!
'
6 comments:
What an update. It sounded like a perfect weekend. You didn't tell me you went to T of T. Hello! That is the best weekend ever! Love you.!
We were in San Antonio too! But we mostly stuck to Riverwalk stuff. We almost went to Sea World though. Looks like you guys had a fun time!
I feel like your kids look so much bigger than when I saw them last..? Johnny looks so handsome with his longer hair - what a stud muffin you have. That was some great food to have all in one week!
Perfect Thanksgiving dinner set-up!
Was it so perfect to not cook, clean-up, and just get up, walking away, free from all responsibility????
Happy Birthday!
Looks like a ton of Fun! I hope you had a great birthday!
That's awesome! What a fun weekend and birthday! I'm so glad it went well. Love all the pics! You look great!
Post a Comment