About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

They're Ba-ack!

Last Sunday John and Johnny boy left the girls behind and went to Destin, Florida for a week of fun in the sun with John's parents. They had a blast at the beach every day, fun restaurants every night, golfing, movies and shopping. The camera was with me so they didn't get too many pics. But here are some from the bay and fireworks on the beach on the 4th.

And just to report to all those who might think, "how sad, they left Mckell alone for a whole week?" IT WAS AWESOME!! I did everything that I have wanted to do for the past few months but haven't been able with two kids. I did a few crafts, read a few books, saw a few movies, got a great tan, did NO cooking, ate lean cuisines and frozen yogurt all week, and had lots and lots of fun bonding with my baby girl!

I am so happy to have my handsome men back home!


John and Papa at the Bay before eating at the Lucky Snapper


The Men...check out that beard on the Stake President!


More potty training! Actually, I'm pretty sure he's 100% potty trained now! #2 has not been a problem lately AND he's not even wearing a pull up at night. He stays dry all night and goes in the morning! I'm shocked! I'll keep everyone posted!


My boys


A strategically placed flag for a very cute picture!


Nice smile buddy!


Ahhhhhh...how adorable is that? He's such a great daddy. I love him.


And here's the mother in law in all her glory. I have no explanation for what is wrapped around her head except that is totally Denise! Ask me later what she wore to Greg's band concert! Thanks for taking care of my boys Grams!

5 comments:

Marci said...

What a nice treat for you, although I know you are excited to have them home now. I'm glad you were able to relax and get things done!
I'm soooo excited for you that Johnny is doing so well with the potty training (and I'm jealous he is already a pro at the overnight part - I need to get working on that!).

The Merrell Family said...

Congrats on the potty training! It's so nice to have no kids in diapers right now. Cute kids!

Denise Allen said...

Just a couple of comments about the latest post:

1. Gramz Neese finished up the potty training in Destin. When Johnny got there he preferred the grass over the toilet.

2. The stars and stripes head wrap was nothing more than my way of showing love and respect for country. I will let you borrow it anytime. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun thing for both of you. I bet Johnny loved all that bonding time with his dad. And a whole week of no cooking and getting a tan...I am jealous!! And i am so excited for you that he's potty-trained! That's like wining a gold medal in the mom world! Yea!

Halvos said...

HILARIOUS! Love the pics! So glad you got some time to yourself! (sort of) Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks! WOO HOO!!
Oh, and I'm in LOVE with that coldplay song--I play it over and over and over--seriously can't get enough of it. Thank you for having it as background music as I enjoy your blog. Love you! -Lori