About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Disney Days 4&5

Day 4 was Disney's Hollywood Studios (used to be MGM?). Loved this place! The second we got there, it was a mad dash to get fast passes for the Toy Story Mania ride. We got ours at around 10:30 and they were gone by noon!

And the computer loaded my iPhone pics first so these are a little out of order...

 The kids loved the Honey I Shrunk The Kids area and I did too since it was the only thing I remembered from my childhood.
 Johnny loved getting wet, we don't do heat very well in this family!
 The place was SOOO crowded so we will definitely have so much fun next time we come during the off-season.

 The movie lot area
 It was raining and the streets were finally empty!
 Indiana Jones
 Toy Story Mania-our favorite kid ride for sure! Any chance for John and I to compete. He always wins though, dang it.


 One thing I learned very quickly was that the lines to meet characters are VERY deceiving. They might look short but each person gets 2-4 minutes with them so 10 people can be the longest line you wait in all day!
 Johnny's response after the Tower of Terror. Loved it.
 By day 4 even Johnny was sick of mac and cheese. So he ordered grilled tuna and rice pilaf:)
 His spaghetti and meatball cupcake. He was SO upset that it was huge and said he just wanted a normal sized one that he could fit his mouth over.

 Kermie
 Mama Melrose's. Highly recommend it!
 This was Johnny during the line at Epcot to ride (my favorite) Test Track. He heard the loud car noises and was flipping out.
 And this, my friends, is a little treat for all of you.  A video of Johnny during the ride.
 Johnny after the ride. and my swollen pregnant nose.
 The pictures on the future ride at Epcot
 Princesses at Akerhus in Norway (Epcot).
 My favorite meal of the whole trip. Meatballs with mashed potatoes and gravy and lingonberry sauce.
 I'm a total boat, but wanted one picture of the family at our resort before we left.
 Okay, back on track...This was the morning of day 4 before we left for Hollywood Studios.
 Beautiful view from our door.




 Entering the park-the giant mickey hat
 First ride/show-Disney Jr.

 Animation studios
 We recorded our family singing Hakuna Matata and laughed our heads off. We sounded HORRIBLE!
 Beauty and the Beast. Johnny announced that he "just could not take one more girl show."
 All Livy wanted was her face painted. And she has the best daddy ever so he forked over the dough while he and Johnny went to Tower of Terror. These photos are for you, mom, so you can get the step by step.




 I think maybe Liv fell asleep right here...




 He conquered the Tower!
 Toy Story!
 Star Tours

 Had a great day at Epcot but missed the Fantasmic show because Mama was tired!
 Last day! Epcot Center. We had a tight schedule this day. We had to ride the two most popular rides-Test Track and Soarin', had lunch at 12:40 and wanted to be outta there and on the road by 3. So we were up and out our door by 8:15.
 I don't know why Epcot has this giant golf ball or what it means but it was big "thing" of this park as Johnny would call it. Each park has a big "thing"-the castle, the tree, the hat, and the golf ball.

 We did the Nemo ride thing. Very boring until you get to the actual aquarium.

 **Soarin' ride was actually awesome but I did not get any pictures of it.
 The countries in Epcot are so cool!

 First stop was Norway where we had a character lunch at Akerhus.
 I love him.
 Waiting for our name to be called.
 The salad bar was delis with roasted asparagus and that brown cheese is sooo good! It's actually goat cheese.
 Cinderella
 Snow White
 Sleeping Beatuty
 Ariel
 Dweebs
 China


 Some of the scenery we had throughout our trip--this one was able to walk. Usually, the biggest spectacles were on rented scooters. Which is why I refused to rent one while I was there and suffered through the pain!

 Man, my hubby is  hot.
 Liv wanted to meet Jasmine SO bad but we learned our lesson early-NOT worth the  hour and a half line!




 We had a great day at Epcot and were out the doors by 2:30. Perfect!
The drive to Destin was not bad at all, 6 hours. We spent the night at John's parent's condo again and woke up the next morning, got donuts from the Donut Hole and drove the remaining ten hours back home. It was such a great trip. We loved every minute of it together. John and I kept commenting back and forth just how wonderful it was and what a surprise it was that WE loved it the most! We will for sure go back soon!

1 comment:

The Nixon Family said...

you are the funnest parents ever. i am going to make my john look through these then maybe he'll want to take our kids somewhere cool. :) no words for your cellulite friend. w.o.w.