About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Boosterthon Fun Run

This year Exley (Johnny's school) did a fun run instead of selling wrapping paper, chocolate, or candles (yay!). The kids had to ask family and friends to sponsor them with a dollar amount per lap. There was a max of 35 laps which came to 2 miles. Each day, the guys in charge would come to the school to do a little ditty to pump the kids up and hand out prizes for pledges they had received. And to make the deal even better, part of the proceeds went to help schools in Guatemala. We were totally on board! Johnny got his little pamphlet out and called Mimi, Papa, Becca and Gramz Neese. It was so cute! He would read it really quiet and then say "would you please pledge 1-2 dollars per lap?" Overall, he got 8 dollars per lap so he got lots of "cool" prizes and was really excited for the big day. I was convinced, with Johnny's past of being not so....into anything involving running, that he would probably run about 12 laps and say "I'm done." That is how we got everyone to pledge 2 and 3 dollars.The day came and he was telling me he needed a "hearty breakfast" and a big water bottle and good running shorts.
They go the kids are pumped up and played Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus the whole time. They were able to grab water on the route too. Each lap was 1/18th of a mile.

Well, he started running....and didn't stop. He actually got to 35 when most kids were at about 15-20. When we told Johnny he could stop because he had reached the max he kept running and ran until they stopped the race. I think he ran about 42 by the end. I was freaking out! This meant that all of the sponsors were about to fork out a LOT of money! But I was so proud of him. He really tried hard and was a sweaty mess when it was over.
All 35 laps were marked off!

Walking through the tunnel back to class! Good job Johnny boy!

1 comment:

Denise Allen said...

Tell me about it---I was a few Benjamin's with that fund raiser :) Go Johnny!