Our trip to SD this summer was amazing. The kids are the perfect age, the weather was ideal, we got to stay at Brent and Stacey's house just down the street from Sheree and kids (which is actually way more fun the Four Seasons!) and we stayed TWO weeks this time which is way more fun than one!

Our first adventure was a trip to Old Town San Diego where Grandma and Grandpa Toolson planned a fun day for the kids at the Mormon Battalion, yummy Mexican for lunch, and ice cream in the park. The kids had a BLAST and so did the parents. It was a great day.

Group Picture!




My men are so handsome

The women


This place really is such a great experience for the kids! The boys got to put on all the gear that the soldiers wore "back in the day".

We got to pan for gold too!




Ice cream in the park and a horse ride on papa/uncle Mike.


Liv and Elsie


Cute papa snuck off and bought a piñata


Our next adventure was a hike at Torrey Pines right on the beach. It was beautiful.




My Wibs. We are friends most of the time.



There was a little pool at the top of this giant rock filled with cool sea life and that was the kids' (and mine) favorite part.


We decided to walk the 1/2 mile back to the car instead of hiking all the way back up.


Eva le Diva

My brothers and their sweet wives and ASHER finally made it and we had a happy reunion. Sean and Colbi got to meet the little guy for the first time.


It's really easy to fall in love with this one.

Next stop, the beach! Digging a hole with Uncle Ryan is a must.

And so is Juanitas on the beach.

Next adventure, a family trip to the over pass to catch crabs and see people jump off.

Crew was the only one crazy enough to do it. And he did a back flip.

So I did it too, he survived his jump...why not?

My battle wounds

John and Sean couldn't be out done by their wife and sister so they jumped in too. And then we found it its a big fat fine if you jump off so...next year it will be just Crew.


Grandma Toolson is the best baby holder.

The Nixon baby makers. On to #4!!

Grandpa Toolson loves to tease his little grand kids and now great-grandkids and Johnny just doesn't get it yet. That's how he shows you he loves you! He'll catch on soon enough.



Our annual Toolson pizza party started off with some family pictures, sans KC.

Strike a pose Colbi!










Pops even went and bought good candy to fill up his piñata. The kids LOVED it. Maybe it will be a new tradition!?





Giant blueberry donut from Leucadia donuts...fail. We will stick to VeeGeez.

Mani/pedis with the girls. Livy is so good, I bring her along too.

Trevor and Lori invited us all to paddle board with them and we loved it!






I wish I knew what my mom was saying here.

Sunday!


Johnny and Ry bonded over a pile of snails and a shaker of salt.


Greggy came this year too! He stayed at grams and grump's house with my cool cousins.

Sunday dinner with the Bakers was so fun!



Happy 1 year anniversary!


This is the part where I peed my pants...

Cool Susan got on with her cute boys.




Family pic nic at the park. The newest Toolson babies born in May/June. Tatum, Asher and Hudson.





Pretty girls

Cute Savannah put Livy's hair in a pony. They grow up way too fast.

Liv peed her pants at the park and luckily I had an extra outfit in the car for Johnny. Doesn't she look like one of the Hansen brothers? "Mmmmm Bop".

They crashed into each other playing basketball and both got stitches in the same spot.

Birthday dinner for Dad at Jake's in Del Mar. These Ahi Poki rolls were to die for.

And so was my surf and turf.

And so was this Aloha pie.

And so was this sunset.







We took the kids to the beach one morning for a walk. I have to make sure they are as in love with the beach as I am.





We loved our mornings with Asher!




Time for our Turks to leave:(

Greg, Cooper the Mexican, Connor


We all gathered around the lap top one night to watch Tucker open his mission call.

Brazil, Fortaleza.


Johnny and Coach

Our last adventure was a day at Sea World with the Halversons.

Ready to rock!






We bought food wristbands and had unlimited amounts of food all day!













I have decided that all of the shows are WAY more fun if you sit in the splash zone with a poncho!

After 10 hours of fun, the kids were getting a little sleepy.

Their awesome daddy let them pick out some stuffed animals and they could have stayed another few hours. But the park closed, so we went home.



Sweet grandma invited us over on the last day for a birthday/farewell breakfast. She knows how much we love her food and miss staying with her now that our family is too big to stay in her house.


Even Liv was so sad to say goodbye. Seriously the best trip ever!
7 comments:
YEA!!!! You finally posted pictures of SD!!! It really is THE BEST time isn't it??? I was sad to say goodbye to all of you because it meant having to wait for another year! But I was surprised there were no pictures of the "movie experience!" That was hilarious! I loved YOUR version best!!
The Baby makers plus babies had a blast looking at these pix! My kids were so mad that you got to stay so much longer and play more without us, and sea world pix too, that made john and I feel like losers. :) But pizza at Toolsons with cousins really does rival SW for us. We can always do SW in Tejas.
Yay! Well worth the wait! Really my favorite part of the year..except I wish Stacy could play with us at her house. Great Photos!!! You amaze me! favorite photo : You Livs, Lori and Savy at Sea World. You all look Gorgeous!
Every summer when you post the pics from your trip I really want to be adopted into your family :-)! Asher is the cutest baby ever. The food looks/sounds amazing. I wish I could go to the beach tomorrow!
Looks like a blast!!
What a fun summer McKell!! I miss my Houston friends. I know it has been forever, but those were fun times for me. Hope you are doing great!
So many fun pics1 We had a blast at SW! Thx for showing us how to do it right! Lookin forward to next summer!
Post a Comment