About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Arizona Part II-Halloween!

The Halloween festivities began with my parent's ward party. Livy wore her sweet little fairy costume and johnny was a pirate/vampire. He ran around with his new best friends Ivy and Dalton all night, they are my parent's next door neighbors. Combined, my kids ate 7 hot dogs, four cookies and 4 cupcakes. Ewwwwwww.






Keira, Janelle and I took our kids to Peter Piper Pizza for Kale's (keira's oldest) 5th birthday. It was so much fun, the kids love to play and we always have fun together!






We had a ton of fun with friends and family but the kids also loved just hanging around the house and being in a different house all day! I forgot how static-y Arizona was but my kids walked around looking like Frankenstein! And Livy pooped on the potty! It was a one-time wonder but it was her first time so we must blog about it!






Johnny dressed up literally all day, here's some Hulk action. Colbi took me to the Mac store for a little make-over and while we were there, the lady helping us said, "ooooh, Hollywood is here!". We were like, "who's Hollywood?" and she told us that her real name was...Chris or something and she dresses in drag on the weekends but never comes to the store but since today was Halloween, she came all dressed up. So we asked her to go get him/her and ask him/her if we could get a picture taken with him/her. GROSS. He/she is the ugliest woman ever. Much ickier in person with stubble and man hands and weird man arms. But it was a great Kodak moment! Mimi carved all of the pumpkins in about 20 minutes, she's amazing. And I miss Arizona sunsets.






Halloweeeeeen! Since Johnny had been dressing up all week, he had a really hard time choosing just one to wear that night. So mommy made him be a pirate with Livy and then he put on his vampire costume. They had SO much fun! Livy and Papa Mike came with us for a few houses and then Johnny, Ivy, Dalton, Tricia and I did the entire loop, almost a whole mile. They made it the whole way and got waaay too much candy. I love Halloween!

















My baby brother KC got his mission call to Guatemala City, North! He leaves December 30th. Love you Kurtis!

I've been wanting to do a post on THE SNUGGIE for a long time since it is a very important part of our day-to-day lives here in the Allen home. If you look in most of the pictures with Livy in them, you'll see a ratty pink blanket on the floor, in her hand, or wrapped around her neck. It is always close by because she is obsessed with her snuggie. It is the softest, yummiest blankie any kid has ever had. Why? Because it is 10 years old and has been washed a million times and loved by three girls already! It was a hand-me-down from these little sweet hearts-Halle and Anna, my cousins. I was at their house when Liv was about 6 weeks old and Sheila, their mom, brought this little gem down to see if it would calm my fussy little peanut down. And it did. I swear this blankie has magical powers. So there is the official documentations of the snug, livy's best friend and my peace of mind!



On Sunday night we roasted marshmallows with Janelle and her girls and topped it off with some spoonfulls of fudge! Anything goes at Mimi's house!




5 comments:

Becca and Michael said...

You make cute little pirates. Johnny looked like he was in heaven with all those costumes. Did Livy really sit that direction on the toilet? Too funny!! Thanks for the pictures. It makes me feel a little closer. Love ya.

cheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cheri said...

Did you notice the chin shapes on Papa Mike and Johnny? ... identical! who knew?

Kisha Atkin said...

I was thinking the exact same thing as your mom! Wow that was some good posting. All I can say is that your family rocks. So much fun, awesome costumes, yummy treats and just a good time all around. I love seeing your parentals with the kids too - they are the coolest and funnest. Your mom looks so gorgeous in every photo. She just glows around her kids and grandbabies. Ps - I didnt know mr. mike wore pumas! sweet dude. I have only ever seen him in tevas or church shoes.

Halvos said...

Wow---SOOOO fun! I didn't realize you were in AZ for so long! Love all the pics! The wedding looks AMAZING!! And that's so cool KC got his mission call! Wow...we're so out of the loop I swear! Miss you!