The beach in Destin is a dream. Especially our little beach at Topsail Preserve State Park. It's private just for the campers there so we have miles and miles of gorgeous white sand and clear blue water. The kids loved it. I'm pretty sure Livy thought the sand was sugar the first day because she would NOT stop eating it! And Johnny loved building castles, getting buried, and catching little clams.
Before we left I let Johnny get a fishing pole so we could do some "fishing" in florida. the poor kid talks about fishing all the time but he has the wrong parents for outdoor recreation. Good thing we had Kisha there to teach him a thing or two! After the first cast, he was done and was far more interested in the lilly pads.
Livy was very interested in what the heck we were doing.
Nothing like playing in the rain!
Livy girl in front of our bungalow. It is fully stocked with a huge living room, a bedroom, a giant closet which served as Livy's bedroom and a cute little kitchen.
The girls
This is why they call this area the Emerald Coast
The babes and their toys
Johnny and his bucket of clams
Fun in the sand!
He was in heaven
We walked to the little pond every morning and every night. The kids loved being there. It was beautiful.
Trying to catch a lilly pad
Baby girl waiting for the tram to take us to the beach
Umbrella Land
Johnny wanted catch something soooo badly but was too afraid to go in the water. Watching "Shark Week" before we left was probably not the smartest thing I've ever done.
Livy and Grams Neese
This is how Johnny wanted to catch sea gulls just like his uncle Sean!
Aunt Goose making her daily creation. On this day she made a Mahi Mahi. She is blonde with blue eyes and gets darker skin than any other caucasian I have ever seen. At this point she has surpassed the word "tan" and is heading toward B-L-A-C-K. It's seriously a medical mystery.
The Dunes
The grandmas. Denise and Betty.
Tado caught the treasure of the day-it entertained the kids for at least an hour!
Johnny finally went in the water!
Drink Break
The beach babe
She LOVED the water. She would run toward it and jump in with no hesitation.
The shower was a huge hit at the end of every beach day. We would sit there and cool off until the tram came.
Dinner time!!
Jamesy boy
On our walk to the lake, Livy saw a dog.
The theater benches were right behind the lake so Livy could play while we "fished"
Johnny's dinner-Ritz crackers and cheese. Whatever.
Movie night! They showed Shark Tail at the outdoor theater so Johnny and I had a date after the babies went down
This is how Livy tells us she's hungry. She pulls her chair to the middle of the room, climbs up, and speaks angry gibberish at us until we feed her.
Our family picture
Love that bum!
What a stud.
On the fourth day we got to the beach at 9:00 am, laid out our towels, set up the umbrella and sat down to watch our babies play. They were all crying, sunburned and tired so we packed up our stuff, went back to the cabin and packed up to leave. We missed our honeys and our beds! The drive was looooong but the kids survived and Kisha and rocked out to 90's music on Sirius radio the whole time!
9 comments:
Great photos again! you live the life..coast to coast
The beach is really pretty there...Mike didn't believe me so I'm glad you posted pictures :-). You got some really good shots of the kiddos!
Oh McKell! We used to go to Destin all the time when I was going to Auburn. Still the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. I LOVED that place. I'm very jealous of the summer you've had. Hope to see you someday soon!
NICE!!!! I wish i could have gone. my mom is sooo black! we miss them. :(
How fun :) I cannot believe how big Livy has gotten, everytime I see a picture of her I can't believe it!
Girl! You have had such a fun summer! I am so jealous! But, I'm so glad you had so much fun! I think that is so fun you got to with Kisha! What a blast! And I am so excited for you to come in October! Yea!
Both of those trips look like HEAVEN!!! It was such a treat to see all of those Cali pics. I can't believe how big your brothers are-they are huge! And yes, it was such a blast having dinner with your parents, Ryan and Jess. I love them. I am sad they are leaving. R u going to go visit them? I am trying to talk tanner into it!
K- So I am just sitting here doing bills and listening to Pandora Internet Radio and " Crash" by Dave Mathews came on and you popped into my head, And then all these memories of us listening to that song over and over came back! Oh what fun we had... :)
Lots of fun i love beach...
She is looking so cute thanks for sharing...
___________________
susana
Low and best rates on Payday Loans
Post a Comment