All of these pictures are totally out of order...whoops.
Racing down the dunes!
The happy couple.
We found missionaries!
Another Danish church-hundreds and hundreds of these exact churches were built all over Denmark, I finally caught on after the 10th church looked just like the one before!
The buried church-I guess half of this church is buried under ground, it is very close to the dunes we saw next on our trip.
Willestrupveg i.e. "Willestrup Way". We thought we'd never find this street, it lead us right to the Willestrup manor, where John W's grandfather worked and received the name for being well-liked by the family. This is where John's dad and Greg got their middle name.
The Manor. A very wealthy family still lives there and said it has been in their family for over 500 years. It was straight out of a movie. A gigantic house, gardens, fountains, a lake, a mote, groves of trees, a church. Heaven.
Coffee and hot chocolate with Eva, Christian, Jonason, Pia, John and their brother and his wife whose names I've forgotten for the moment. It was so fun to get to talk to these people who knew grandma Tove and even remembered John's dad coming over when he was 15 months old and pulling their hair!
Our room on the cruise.
The men in the chestnut groves on the Willestrup grounds.
The pond/lake and the manor-seriously, isn't that gorgeous!?
The huge suspension bridge that took us from one island to another.
Our first dinner on the cruise.
The girls on grandma's balcony...missing Becca!
So pretty.
6 comments:
What trip!!! When do you leave for CA? Hopefully I'll see you before you go! Denmark looks beautiful...I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!
How awesome! It makes me realize just how much is out there that I had no idea even existed. I thank you for helping me associate beautiful scenery and cobblestone streets with Denmark now instead of a cheese danish that i want to eat with a glass a tall glass of milk. Seriously, gorgeous pictures my friend. Glad you are home safe and sound.
This made me seriously homesick for Hungary. I lived on a street like the one's you took pictures of. It felt like I lived in a picture. :) But Denmark's country side and manors are WAY better then anything I saw in Hungary. So beautiful! What amazing in-laws you have...holy smokes a trip to Europe? I bet you missed your babies though. I also would bet your momma was in heaven :)
fun! i hope to go there someday :)
The pics of the Manor are gorgeous! I still can't believe you got to do this trip kid-free! SO fun!
Holy Cow! I am in love with all the pictures. I didn't even know places like that really existed outside of movies!:) What a dream vacation- TWO WEEKS?? I bet you had such a blast but I bet you missed your little ones so much. I'm so glad you got to go!
Post a Comment