About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Monday, July 27, 2009

Back To Business

I'm back from San Diego now and ready to do some serious blogging. Back to Europe. After Denmark we went on a Baltic cruise which took us to Talin, Estonia, Helsinki, Finland, Stockholm, Sweden and St. Petersburg, Russia. This is Stockholm.

We only had about 5 hours in this gorgeous country so we took a two hour waterway tour, went to the Ice Bar, to the Pippi Longstocking Museum and to this amazing museum that had a ship from the 1600's found at the bottom of the sea, skeletons and all!


There were sailboats and ships all over the water, they said there was something like 400,000 boats in Stockholm.

The buildings were so gorgeous, we had such an amazing view from our tour boat!
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjiEWsAI40fUBL0HTsGX8INSawtZ3rnm1MlEXbtxZIiGxJCv06_YcHEIXgQuqpsXyz0ZEPgc8T1TUgoVmxAtdCnJxJa2euUIgDO3Bk4Rx-oGcA_sVMuQaeo_zExvbTQRyjyOpYB1oUy1VmA/s1600-h/IMG_4577.JPG">
The Ice Bar was so fun! It is entirely made of ice inside, walls, seats, tables and glasses. They give you these really cook parkas and gloves and take you in and you can stay all day if you want! After our shots of cranberry juice we were freezing and ready for more exploring.

The boat museum. I forget what it was called. I love it though and really wished Johnny could have been there with me!

Pretty sight seeing!

The big boat is behind us...woops. Can't see it.

More cool views above. Junibaken (below) is the Pippi museum and looked soooo cute!! The author of Pippi is from Stockholm and the entire museum was a fun house dedicated to her, her books and PIPPI! We only went to the gift shop to get some goodies for the babes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool! I love that pic of you two in the ice bar! cool!

Sara said...

How fun was your trip!!! We did the Baltic cruise two years ago and loved it. You went to the Vasa museum (pretty good memory from serving there!). I've lived in Sweden and Finland and love seeing your pictures. I'm so glad you guys had a good time.

Marci said...

Yay! You're home! I'm working tonight, but let's get together tomorrow afternoon...you guys can come over if you want. I'll call you in the morning. And by the way, I was obsessed with Pipi when I was younger!!!