About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Wedding Par-Tay!!

What a weekend! Our little Miss Rebecca was married to Mr. Michael Shaucherbauer on Saturday and it was a beautiful event! We had so much fun with family and friends. It went by way too fast and we were so sad to leave! Here is a run down of our weekend in Vegas.

We landed Friday afternoon and Andrea went straight to the Suncoast to help/watch Becca get ready for her bridal pictures. She was such a beautiful bride! She did her own make-up, she's practically professional and cousin Kira did her hair. The pictures were taken at Springs Preserve in Las Vegas. It's a gorgeous botanical garden with museums, a library, amphitheaters and walk ways for miles.



The bride and groom see each other for the first time, so cute.





We rode in a limo to the wedding, that was fun! It was like prom minus the awkward date!


The Allen Table (John's dad's family)

Mr. Josh Blade and miss Livy

The Gammons (John's mom's family)


Gabe, McKay (Fotu's boys) and Johnny playing in the shade under the ceremony tent. I didn't get a single picture of the set up or a family picture or a picture of my kids before they rolled in the grass and spilled ice cream all over themselves. bummer.

The handsome groom

The centerpieces were perfect for the wedding. Simple and elegant wild flowers since we really were out in the desert surrounded by red mountains.

Livy and the purple flower. Beka had this in her hair so we hooked it to her head band. Not a great picture, I swear she looked super cute that morning!

Smith family with famous uncle Perry at the end on the left. He might be the funnest person I've ever been around. Ever.

Johnny boy and his new best friend Gabe.

Playing in the shade

Daddy and Livy girl. I think she was about done for the day at this point!

The back of Bekas dress all busseled up with the flower that Andrea made.

Big Sis+Little Sis

Becca and the boys

The Bridesmaids-Andrea, Mckell, Becca, Devon, and Julie

They were asleep before we got our seat belts on.

Our only picture together, so sad because we totally matched!

Mommy and Livy girl-Livy's face cracks me up, it is sooo her personality-cute little devil!


After the wedding we all went straight to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a pool party/bbq. That was another 5 hours of non-stop fun!
Johnny had to scope out the pool before he even thought about getting in.

Daddy and Liv had fun together. She loves the water!

CT (that stands for chocolate thunder given to him by perry, of course. His real name is Max and he's married to Kira) and Johnny bonded while playing with the air mattress. It was the only way Johnny would get in. On a giant floating bed.
The mother hen admiring all of her babies.

Mother hen admiring all of her babies

Cowabunga!

John and Fotu have been friends since freshman year at BYU. It was so good to see he and his wife, Jen and their adorable kids!

Greg, Andrea, Denise, Josh, Jen, Fotu and Erin

Fotu and McKay. He was finally tired after diving in the water all day and having to be saved. I guess he forgot he couldn't swim! He was cracking me up!

Livy is almost as big as Grandma!

We played the funnest game of what if.....I would. I had tears streaming down my cheeks after the first round!

I have never seen John laugh so hard!


As if we weren't completely exhausted after a wedding and pool party, we decided we wanted to go see "O" at the Bellagio at 10:30 PM (that's 12:30 Texas time!). It was the coolest thing I have EVER seen and not just because there were synchronized swimmers. I want to go see it again! By the time it was over, I was beyond tired. Thank you SOOO much to Papa and Grams for treating us to such an amazing night and also to Bob and Karen for watching the kiddos!! You are all the BEST!

This is still my wedding hair after sweating all day and playing in the pool. There was not an extra second for a shower.

The pretty Smith girls got to come with us! And just for the record, ALL of the Smith girls are pretty! (there are 4).

Us again


We spent Sunday with the Allens. We went to church at Denise's old building, went to dinner at Carraba's and had brownies and ice cream at Grandpa Jerry's house. I'm too tired to put captions under each pictures. Just enjoy!











On Monday I went to H&M with Denise for a little shopping while the rest of the Gammon Family had another little swim party. We brought home 25 cheese burgers and 15 fries from In'N'Out then went to the air port at 3:30. Livy got her first piggies too!










8 comments:

Marci said...

It looks like Livvy got plenty of love on the trip :-). I love her little yellow polka dot top. We'll have to play this week!

The Nixon Family said...

Ok, you look GORGEOUS Kell. You always look great but you look especially awesome in ALL the pix! Way to go. Becca looks great and so happy. glad it went well. Livs is so blond and her piggy tails are so cute.

cheri said...

love all the pics! Becca looks wonderful..her dress was amazing ( I'm still saying w.t.h...!!!???) I think her new hubby has the most amazing eyes! Johnny and Livs looked adorable. love the piggies:)..and you look beautiful! xoxo

Allie said...

I love all the pictures. Her dress and flowers are beautiful and so were your dresses. Love the pic of Johnny sleeping by the pool.

Staleys.blogspot.com said...

Okay Mckell -- can your family and extended family be any more beautiful? WOW, great photo's. I don't know which one to comment on first. Ok, I do.. The wedding dress was gorgeous as was the bride & groom. Next, the photo's of your extended family make me jealous, looks like a bunch of really down to earth, fun loving people who know how to pack in a ton in one day! Of course, last but not least -- your precious kids. Livy is TOO CUTE! If her pictures represent her attitude, love her! Johnny is getting too big.. no more growing. LOL
Smooch

Becca and Michael said...

McKell- I love all your pictures. I stole some to tide me over until the professional ones come in. So sorry for the repeats on my blog. Thanks for being a part of the celebration.

P.S. you we're really close and I give you props for trying but... the new last name is SCHACHERBAUER. Keep practicing because you know I am :)

Sarah said...

You look gorgeous!! Really amazing in those pictures. It sounds like you had fun but I am sure you were beat when you got home.

Sarah and Jeremy said...

You look gorgeous! The color of the bridesmaid dress was perfect on you. It looks like you just had a great time. In and Out burger also sounds really good right now! (Hmm maybe i'm hungry right now. . )