About Me

John and I have been married for 9 years and live in Katy, Texas in our first home. Johnny is seven years old now and is a blast to be around. Olivia is four and is a little busy bee. We had Drew in April and have loved having a baby in our home again. John works at his father's company, G&A Partners, and just received his MBA from the University of Texas. As for me, I'm playing mommy all day and just loving life!

Friday, March 6, 2009

I Heart Utah

Me, myself and I took a trip to Utah to see my brother Ryan's last two games and hang out with my bff college roomy Katie. It was so great to be back in Utah. I never thought I'd say that because I was done after four years. But I fell in love again. The mountains are so beautiful, the weather was great, I love seeing my family and friends, good food, good shopping, good times.


I was able to hang out with Ryan, Jess and the Campbells on Sunday. Besides our 48 hour Christmas trips with Ryan, I really haven't hung out with him in about five years so it was SOO fun to hang out and play a little Rock Band with Ry and his adorable wifey!

The Wii Fit MASTERS. Ryan is a hoola-hooping maniac. If I can ever figure out how to do video, I've got some GREAT footage of his hipster action!

Linley, Sheree's sister and the most adorable girl ever, lives super close to Katie so I got to play with her when Katie had to put Andrew down for a nap or do dinner with her husband. She is a shopping Diva and took me to some great places like this boutique in Alpine called Dear Lizzie.

We (mostly me, but I had the camera) devoured our Vegas Rolls from Happy Sumo. DE-lish.

Katie's sister Rachel came to eat with us, isn't she cute? I want her to marry Sean.

We realized we had taken zero pictures in two days so here is a random picture at a stop light!

The AVES!! This is where all the magic happened. We had many, many, many fun days and nights here!

BFF's. Miss you Sarah!

Andrew is really one of the cutest kids ever, he's pretty edible. Katie can't keep her hands off him!

Neither could I!

Dad and I went to Carrabba's before the game with Grams and Gramps where Grandpa ate 1 1/2 plates of Calamari! He's ba-ack!!!

These are the crazy fans of UVU all dressed up for the Houston Baptist team. Sometimes I forget that people think of cowboys when they think of Texas. I don't know any cowboys here, just for the record. Yes, the sign says "broke back houston"

It was Senior night so they had the three seniors come to the center of the court where they handed them a poster and said a few nice things about each one. Ryan had his cute wife with him then waved my dad and I over to meet him. I bawled. He's so cute and I'm just a proud big sister.

Everyone was screaming for TOOOOOOOLson!

We went to Chili's after the game with the Campbells. I love them and it's so great seeing another family love Ryan as much as we do! These pictures are out of order.

Say Cheeeese!

This is Dick. Ryan's coach. He's crazy. And wears hideous sport coats. He still has it on because they won by 40.

Here's the man in action.

We love you Ryan!

These are his biggest supporters. My grandparents drove 2 1/2 hours to see each game and drove home each night even when Gramps was so sick, he wouldn't miss a game. That's love.

And just for the record I'm also super proud of Sean and KC too! Sean is a world class hunter, an incredible salesman, and one of the funniest people I know. And KC's high school b-ball team just won the state semi-finals so they're onto the finals on Saturday. John is on a plane to go represent the Allen family at the game. Go Hawks!!!!

7 comments:

Marci said...

It looks like so much fun and that is too cute that your grandparents drove to every game! (and those cowboys are just hideous!)

DD said...

Next time you're in Utah let me know!!! I'm so sad I didn't get to see you.

Staleys.blogspot.com said...

Okay, first the coach.... That jacket he wears is a little outdated, to say the least! THEN, you have the most amazing friends and family, I am so jealous. Your family is probably one of the most supportive, good looking and talented I know. I guess the next question is after Ryan graduates, babies???? :-)

I cannot believe that you have another brother going to the state finals, again! Man, talented bunch of kids your parents raised. Sean, the hunter --- remember, I'm a vegetarian so I really have a HARD time with that one, but if you say he is good, he must have a good aim. ICK....

Well, gonna take up your whole page with my ramblin' on about your family. Just love your blog and your notes are so funny.

Smooch,
Kathleen

Emily said...

What a fun trip! I'm jealous! You know me--nothing better than a post that contains some of my favorite things food, family, and Utah!

Annie and Jason said...

How freakin fun. You look beautiful as ever friend. That pic of you hugging ryan made me teary eyed. Who knows why! They're all just so grown up now. And tell katie her little boy should be a baby model. Seriously, I want to squeeze him also. She looks so great too. Ahhh pretty girls. Called you today... just to chat
p.s. when you come to chicago ;) I will take you to get windows, they are freakin sweet

Sarah said...

I am jealous you had so much fun. That picture of the Aves made me laugh and miss Provo. Who would have thought? I am FOR SURE coming on the next trip!

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

So fun! I LOVE that store Dear Lizzie!